Love this site

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Exploration in the yard

Pink lilies among the trunk of a Mimosa tree.


The other night I went out into my approximately 1 acre yard and made some discoveries. The flowers above.


Been seeing several blue buntings eating top tufts of grasses most people would call weedshttp://www.greglasley.net/bluebunting.html

The bird photo came from the link I added. My camera is cheap. The flower and the next photo is my own.


The prettiest toadstools I have ever laid eyes on: Red and yellow cluster..



Light purple Phlox growing in concrete slab behind and in our house corner. Amazing.
I keep hoping as far as the phlox goes that I would see one of these:

http://www.swagbuhumming bird mothscks.com/?t=i&p=3&b=0&f=0&q=humming+bird+moths


The link goes to a page of moth of this type images and you can find it and goes to the site since I could not get a link actually to the site for some odd reason.

In the desert area I lived in- in WA state, we saw these every summer evening in my big patch of pale pink phlox. I need to study and find if there are actually any here. Wonderful happy pretty little creatures like a humming bird crossed with a moth.About this Moth Wikipedia.

Always new things in the yard to see. Now go explore you yard , trail or park.


No comments:

Post a Comment